Data collection apps are mobile applications that enable you to store and access data from your mobile, iPad, or tablet. The main advantage of a data collection app is that you can access data offline or while on the go.
Accessing data offline helps researchers who are working in remote areas with a bad internet connection to work without any hurdles.
Researchers can back up their data in offline mode and upload it once they get an internet connection. Because of the many benefits provided by the data collection app, researchers prefer these apps over paper-based forms.
BENEFITS OF DATA COLLECTION APPS
- REDUCES COST: In data collection apps, the data is stored digitally so it eliminates the need for paperwork and thus, it reduces the cost. In cases of cross-checking, the printed form requires more workers but the data collection app can reduce the workload if the data is collected and authenticated digitally.
- LESS TIME CONSUMING: Data collection app is less time-consuming while compared to collecting data manually. Since the data is stored digitally, it reduces the time needed for performance analysis. If there is a change in data, a notification can be sent to the managers.
- QUALITY OF DATA: While collecting data, the data collection app expects the user to go through many validations and checkpoints. This is to ensure that the correct information is entered and stored. Data filters and validators can be applied to the data fields to certify that the user entered correct and relevant data.
- FLEXIBLE TO CHANGE: Since the information in data collection apps is stored digitally, it is easy to make changes in the data. While it may prove to be difficult to make changes in printed forms and in some cases, it may not be possible as reprinting the forms may be a costly affair for the organization.
- BACKUP AND STORAGE: Data in physical form can be easily damaged, lost, or misplaced. But by using data collection apps, data can be stored in a secured manner and it will prevent unauthorized access. Data can also be backed up in several locations, this ensures the safety of data.
- RESEARCH AND ANALYTICS: All the collected data is stored in a centralized server or database. This data can be used as primary data for directing research and analysis to draw insights.
- DECISION MAKING: The collected data can be used by the organization to conduct analysis. From the analysis, we can make timely decisions and identify the points which are to be rectified for improving productivity and improving efficiency.
- EFFICIENT: With the help of a data collection app, several days of work can be completed in hours. Both the organization and the consumer will benefit from this, it makes the organization more efficient. You can make use of features like automated responses and notification systems, which reduce the workload on the employees and improves consumer satisfaction.
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED: To any enterprise, their first and foremost priority should be customer satisfaction, data collection app makes the processing of entering data user-friendly. The data will be securely backed up in the cloud and the consumers can ensure that only authorized members can access the data.
The above-stated benefits tell us why we must shift from paper-based data collection to data collection app. The world is operating on a digital platform and it is only a short span of time before paperwork are eliminated for good. It is important to analyze the benefits of the applications and consider using them in your organization.