Do you catch yourself buying a new jar of peanut butter at the grocery store only to discover you still had some at home? If so, you’re not alone! This is a mistake made by many, but a worthy one to make, at best.
You may be wondering just how this mistake can be turned into a miracle. Well, that’s why we’re here!
Between cookies, cake, and coffee, there’s so much to do with this protein-packed spread. If you have found yourself in a peanut butter predicament, we’ve got you covered.
Keep reading for three peanut butter recipes you have to try with those extra jars in your cupboards!
1. Protein Peanut Butter Cookies
Who doesn’t love cookies – especially ones made with peanut butter? While cookies seem like a relatively easy recipe, there are dozens of ways to spice them up and make them your own.
Even if you’re on a healthy, balanced diet, you won’t have to worry when giving life to this recipe.
Interested in making some crazy cookies that will bring everyone together and are full of protein? Here’s what you’ll need to make a dozen:
- 1 cup of protein peanut butter
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
What a simple list of ingredients, right? Now, here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350º
- Take a piece of parchment paper and line an appropriately sized baking sheet, then set it to the side
- Get a large mixing bowl to combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, and eggs
- Mix until the consistency resembles regular cookie dough – if the texture turns out dry or crumbly, add more protein peanut butter until desired consistency is reached
- Take 2 scoops of the batter and roll in your hand until a ball is formed
- Between your palms, press until the ball is flat and place on your prepared baking sheet
- Repeat this process with the rest of the batter and remember to leave space in between cookies on the baking sheet
- With a fork, press down on each cookie to create criss-cross patterns before baking
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly done
- Remove the sheet and let cool completely
Whew – it seems like a lot, but when you put this recipe to the test, you’ll end up with some of the greatest peanut butter cookies out there. And, the best part? They are full of protein!
2. Peanut Butter Cake
Looking to fully satisfy that sweet and savory tooth of yours? It’s your lucky day!
Peanut butter cake is actually an excellent way to get sweet and savory flavors out of what sounds like just a sweet dessert. Ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need to make the cake:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
For the frosting, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of softened or melted peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
Now that you’ve got all of your ingredients ready to go, it’s time to put them together and bake that scrumptious cake! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350º
- With butter, grease a baking dish and dust with flour to stop the ingredients from sticking
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Then, add the eggs, vanilla, and milk to the bowl
- Beat this mixture until thoroughly blended
- Add water, butter, and peanut butter to a medium-sized saucepan and stir frequently over medium heat until thoroughly blended
- Add this peanut butter mixture into your flour mixture and stir until you reach a batter-like consistency
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick/butter knife comes out of the cake clean
- While the cake is cooling, cream your butter and peanut butter together for the frosting
- Stir in the sugar slowly, and if the texture is too thick, add a little bit of milk to thin it out
- Continue this process with the remaining sugar and blend until a frosting-like consistency is achieved
- Spread the frosting over the cake once completely cooled
And voila! You now have a delicious cake, using one of the simplest peanut butter recipes out there. Nice work!
3. Peanut Butter Coffee
For our coffee connoisseurs reading along, don’t think we’ve forgotten about you. With this peanut butter coffee recipe, you’re sure to fall in love with adding the spread to your mug every morning.
Interested in trying it out? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Hot or iced coffee (your preference)
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
What an easy list of ingredients. Most likely, you already have all of these things in your kitchen! Now, there are no measurements for this peanut butter recipe because it’s all based on how you like your coffee made.
But, to ensure it tastes evenly of peanut butter and coffee, follow these instructions:
- Brew a cup of strong coffee
- In a stovetop pan or microwaveable bowl, heat the peanut butter and milk, stirring frequently until thoroughly blended – at this stage, you can add chocolate syrup if you would like
- Pour the warm peanut butter mixture into your cup of coffee, stirring or whisking completely
- Top your coffee with whipped cream if you would like, and if you want to go to the extreme, also top with peanut butter chips and chocolate syrup drizzle
This is one of the easiest peanut butter recipes out there. If you’re someone who doesn’t necessarily enjoy the taste of strong coffee but you need the caffeine, adding peanut butter truly helps!
Try These Peanut Butter Recipes Today!
Don’t be ashamed about your absolute love and desire for peanut butter. Millions of pounds of the delectable spread are consumed every year!
Do you know what else there are millions of? Peanut butter recipes! So, when you find yourself overwhelmed with the lone jar of peanut butter sitting in your cabinet, trust that it can be put to good use.
Did you enjoy this article? Discover more fun, informative content on our website!